January 24th, 2020
A few reminders for next week:
• make sure you bring your own water bottle or favourite cup. We do not provide drinking vessels and you are not to use the water dispensers as a fountain.
• Please check your lockers prior to heading home today. Clear out any food and clothing in there.
• Mr. Cosgrove will be going through the building next week cutting off any locks that are not school issue.
• If you are not writing an exam you do not have to be here in the building. If you only have one exam for the day you would probably want to look into alternate transportation to an from school around your exam time
• Please double check your exam times. The morning exams start at 9:30. The afternoon ones start at 1:15. Being late to an exam is not a thing. Aim for 1 pm.
Holland College will host a Campus Tour event on Saturday, February 1st from 10am – 2pm. (Storm date of Saturday, February 8th). They are accepting applications and waiving the application fee at the event. Check the website for more information.
The Canadian Wildlife Federation’s WILD Outside is a national conservation-based youth leadership program designed for youth ages 15 to 18. By youth will connect with other participants in their area by exploring the outdoors as well as planning and carrying out community-based conservation action projects in their home communities. Participants in the program are encouraged to commit to 120 hours of community/conservation service activities and engagement over a calendar year and will be recognized for their dedication. If you have any more questions, or if you are interested in participating in WILD Outside, please visit http://wildoutside.ca/ for more information and to fill out the online inquiry form.
Join NSCAD University for their Portfolio Day on Saturday, February 15, 2020! This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about our programs, tour the campuses, meet your future classmates and teachers, as well as sit down to have a one-on-one review of your portfolio with some of our teaching faculty. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Acadia University will be here on Wednesday Feb 12th at lunch. This session is for students who have already applied, those who are interested in applying, or any student who wants to chat more about what Acadia has to offer/specific questions. The application fee will be waived! Please sign up in Student Services.
The Auburn Boys Hockey team defeated the Islandview Devils this week by a final score of 10-0. A whole bunch of people scored and Luke Thibideau had the shutout in nets. Great job Tibbs!!! If you want to do something fun after school today, head on over to Cole Harbour Place. The Eagles take on Cole Harbour High School at 4pm in Scotia 1. Let's see if we can have more fans than Cole Harbour High during their home game
Let's reach our goal to plant 914 trees we are at 712! Reusable water bottles will be on sale for a $2. at lunch in front of student services. All the money will go towards planting trees.
At Lunch today:
In the caf: it is DONAIRS today! Everybody knows that donairs are the perfect last day before exam food!
Happy Lunar New Year, everyone! Chinese New Year will be celebrated tomorrow, during the new moon, on Saturday January 25, which will begin the Year of the Rat! Famous rats are Mr. Ray, Mr. Bush and Ms Ferguson, among others. This celebration extends from tomorrow until the Lantern Festival, which will take place February 15th.